Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Beyond Souvenirs: Great Things to Buy on Vacation for Your Home

-->
Summer is officially in full swing and I know I can’t be the only one dreaming of vacation. While imagining myself on the beach somewhere, an idea hit me. How can I turn some of my unfortunately forgotten souvenirs into pieces that I can enjoy every day? I thought of enormous collection of postcards, and shells that are sitting in random boxes and drawers around my home, and I began to brainstorm. So here are a few of my favorite ways to give old (and new) souvenirs a brand new life.



(Photo Credit: apartmenttherapy.com)

Post Card Display:
Like I said, my postcard collection has grown to quite an inspiring number. But, want a better way to display them than one or two on the fridge. I like things to be as neat and organized as possible so I love the idea of creating a framed collage, or an organized grid under a glass top. Or even make display stands from rocks, pieces of driftwood, anything really that came from the same trip as the post cards, and attached them with florist wire.



(Photo Credit: sandandsisal.com)

Shell Art:
Time to tackle those mounds of shells. Group like shells together by color, and simply hot glue them onto cardstock and frame, for some pretty neat one-of–a-kind art. Make them as funky or as symmetrical as you’d like. They can be just as unique as the shells themselves.







Photo Credit: apartmenttherapy.com)

Exotic Fabric:
I like to collect different fabrics from all over, so I figured what’s a better way to appreciate these textiles than to upholster a small bench in the foyer, or make a throw pillow or two. This way everyday I can reminisce on the memories from those trips, even if only for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment